CEDA Dredging Technology Webinars
#5:An overview of slurry transport models
This is an ARCHIVED EVENTCEDA Members can download the presentations here, you need to SIGN IN first
Date: 22 November 2016
Time: 14:00-15:00 hrs (CET)
Presenter: Dr. ir. Sape Miedema
Level: Practitioner (see below)
Attendance to this CEDA webinar is free of charge, registration however, is required. Registration will open in November. After registering, you will receive confirmation via e-mail from Edward Melger containing information about joining the webinar.
This webinar is the 5th webinar in the CEDA Series of Webinars on Dredging Technology. It will cover the following topics:
2. Different types of graphs.
3. Empirical models.
4. Mechanistic models.
5. The Limit Deposit Velocity and the Limit of Stationary Deposit Velocity.
6. Which model to use and when.
Dr. ir. Sape Miedema is Associate Professor of Dredging Engineering. In 1987 he was the first person in the world obtaining a PhD degree in Dredging. He is the author of about 150 scientific publications and of the books: The Delft Sand, Clay & Rock Cutting Model and Slurry Transport, Fundamentals, a Historical Overview and the Delft Head Loss & Limit Deposit Velocity Framework. Read more…
- Miedema: Introduction Dredging Engineering (lecture notes). For the pdf version go to this page and search for Miedema.
- Miedema: The Delft Sand, Clay & Rock Cutting Model, 3rd version. For the pdf version go to this page and search for Miedema.
- Miedema: Slurry Transport: Fundamentals, A Historical Overview & The Delft Head Loss & Limit Deposit Velocity Framework. For the pdf version go to this page and search for Miedema.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions via text during the webinar, and verbally after the presentation.
This Practitioner level webinar is meant for professionals working in the field of dredging or adjacent to it with no formal education/training in and /or with limited experience with dredging equipment and technology: engineers, scientists, lawyers, financiers working on projects involving dredging either as project owner/developer, regulator, consultant, financier, legal advisor.
GoToWebinar System Requirements
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Busy on the day of the live event?
Register now and access the webinar as per your convenience. The webinar will be available on demand after the live event.
The webinar is presented with support from Deltares, a Corporate Member of CEDA.
Previous Webinar Recordings
To view our previous webinars please click here.
22 November 2016 - 22 November 2016
14:00-15:00 hrs (CET)