2nd Course 'Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure' by CEDA-IADC
This is an ARCHIVED EVENTCEDA Members can download the presentations here, you need to SIGN IN first
Following on from the success of the 1st online course Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure held in December 2020, CEDA and IADC have decided to schedule a second course in March 2021.
During the course participants learn how to achieve dredging projects that fulfil primary functional requirements while adding value to the natural and socio-economic systems by acquiring an understanding of these systems in the context of dredging as well as stakeholder engagement throughout a project’s development.
Are you a professional involved in dredging related activities for water infrastructure development and working in government, port authorities, consultancy firms, dredging companies, NGOs, suppliers or ship-builders? Is your ambition to achieve sustainable and resilient water infrastructure or dredging projects that contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals? If the answer to either of these questions is “yes” then do not miss the opportunity to join this course. Whether you are an ecologist, engineer, scientist, regulator or financier, valuable knowledge that can be put into practice right away awaits every participant.
During the course, you will learn how to implement the sustainability principles into dredging project practice, through answers to the following questions:
- What is the role of dredging in the global drive towards more sustainable development?
- How can water infrastructure be designed and implemented in a more sustainable and resilient way while aligning with the natural and socio-economic systems?
- How can the potential positive effects of infrastructure development be assessed and stimulated as well as compared with potential negative effects?
- What equipment and which sediment management options are available today?
- A brief introduction to the question “What knowledge and tools are available to make sound choices and control the project?”
Experienced lecturers will describe the latest thinking and approaches, explain methodologies and techniques as well as demonstrate – through numerous practical examples – how to implement this information in practice by engaging workshops and case studies. Click here to see who they are.
The course reviewed
Curious about the experiences of a participant in the first course? Mark Winkelman wrote a book and course review. You can read his review here.
The course is based on the CEDA-IADC guidebook Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure which was published in 2018. The publication contains a wealth of up-to-date knowledge pooled by an international team of scientists and practicing industry experts, and guided by an Editorial Board comprising members of CEDA and IADC.
Proceedings and certificate
Each participant receives a set of comprehensive proceedings and at the end of the course, a Certificate of Achievement in recognition of the completion of the coursework.
Date & Venue
The course will consist of four online sessions:
- Thursday 11 March 9 am - 1 pm
- Friday 12 March 9 am -1 pm
- Thursday 24 March 9am - 1 pm
- Friday 26 March 9 am - 1 pm
Click here for detailed information about each session.
The Registration fee is € 500.00 per person (excl. VAT). This tuition includes access to all course proceedings, workshops, and a copy of the book Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure. There is a special rate of € 425.00 (excl. VAT) for CEDA Members and employees of IADC’s member companies.
If you must cancel your secured place in the course after payment has been made, then the following cancellation policy always applies:
If you cancel your place 45 days (or more) prior to the course’s start date, then a 90% refund of the registration fee (which excludes a 10% administration fee) will be returned.
If you cancel your place closer to the course’s start date, then the following fees apply:
- When a cancellation is made 30-45 days prior to the course’s start date, a 75% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 8-29 days prior to the course’s start date, a 40% refund of the registration fee will be returned.
- When a cancellation is made 7 days (or less) prior to the course’s start date, no refund of the registration fee will be returned.
For more information
Ria van Leeuwen
Senior PR & Communications Officer at IADC
+31 (0)70 352 33 34
11 March 2021 - 11 March 2021