CEDA Dredging Technology Webinars
#4:The sedimentation process in a TSHD
This is an ARCHIVED EVENTCEDA Members can download the presentations here, you need to SIGN IN first
Date: 15 November 2016
Time: 14:00-15:00 hrs (CET)
Presenter: Prof. Dr. ir. Cees van Rhee
Level: Practitioner (see below)
Attendance to this CEDA webinar is free of charge, registration however, is required. Registration is now open. After registering, you will receive confirmation via e-mail from Edward Melger containing information about joining the webinar. REGISTER HERE.
This webinar is the 4th webinar in the CEDA Series of Webinars on Dredging Technology. It will cover the following topics:
1. Intro TSHD hopper settling and flow field in the hopper
2. Definitions and factors influencing overflow losses
3. Settling velocity of particles
a. Influence of concentration
b. Influence of Particle Size Distribution (PSD)
4. Sedimentation velocity
5. Camps model to calculate overflow loss and the influence on the PSD in the hopper
6. Short overview 1DV and 2DV models
Prof. Dr. Ir. Cees van Rhee is full Professor of Dredging Engineering at the Delft university of Technology. He obtained his PhD degree in 2002. His main scientific achievements are modelling of highly concentrated sediment water flows and high velocity erosion of granular sediments. He is the author of numerous scientific publications. Read more…
- Miedema: Introduction Dredging Engineering (lecture notes). For the pdf version go to this page and search for Miedema.
- Miedema: The Delft Sand, Clay & Rock Cutting Model, 3rd version. For the pdf version go to this page and search for Miedema.
- Miedema: Slurry Transport: Fundamentals, A Historical Overview & The Delft Head Loss & Limit Deposit Velocity Framework. For the pdf version go to this page and search for Miedema.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions via text during the webinar, and verbally after the presentation.
This Practitioner level webinar is meant for professionals working in the field of dredging or adjacent to it with no formal education/training in and /or with limited experience with dredging equipment and technology: engineers, scientists, lawyers, financiers working on projects involving dredging either as project owner/developer, regulator, consultant, financier, legal advisor.
GoToWebinar System Requirements
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Busy on the day of the live event?
Register now and access the webinar as per your convenience. The webinar will be available on demand after the live event.
The webinar is presented with support from Deltares, a Corporate Member of CEDA.
Previous Webinar Recordings
To view our previous webinars please click here.