The 22nd World Dredging Congress & Exposition (WODCON XXII) will be held in Shanghai, China in April 2019. It is organised for the Eastern Dredging Association (EADA) by the Chinese Dredging Association, CHIDA. Important: The announced date, 25-29 April 2019 has been changed to 22-26 April 2019.
The theme of the congress is "Enhance the Harmony between Dredging and Ecology". The topics of the congress are:
- Sustainable dredging
- Environmental dredging and managing contaminated sediments
- Environmental assessment of dredging projects, risk control and process dynamics
- Protection, restoration and management of aquatic ecosystems
- Dredging and ocean engineering equipment adapting to new demands
- Intelligent dredging and information technology
- International engineering guidelines, legislation, standards and contract management
- Dredging processes
Planned plenary panel discussions include:
- Ecological dredging makes the world a better place (Discussed by leaders and experts from Ministry of Ecology and Environment of China, Chinese Research Academy of Environmental Sciences, CCCC Dredging Group, Delft University of Technology)
- Towards the new era of intelligent dredging (Discussed by leaders and experts from Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China, Ministry of Science and Technology of China, CCCC Dredging Group and National Engineering Research Center)
- Sustainable dredging and marine economic development (Discussed by leaders and experts from Ministry of Natural Resources of China, Ocean University of China, CCCC Dredging Group)
The official language of the congress is English.
Important information for authors from the CEDA region
Authors of accepted abstracts are invited to submit their draft manuscript (3.000 – 5.000 words with a maximum of 20 pages) 31 August 2018 the latest. The document – in WORD – needs to be drawn up as per the instructions in the “Author Instructions” (see also example paper).
- Draft manuscripts to be submitted: 31 August 2018
- Reviewer comments to authors: 20 October 2018
- Final manuscripts to be submitted: 1 December 2018
For any questions please refer to the “Author Instructions” or contact Sylvia Minten of the CEDA Technical Papers Committee Secretariat for WODCON XII via firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Title and description||Download|
|Author Instructions||283 Kb||Download|
|Paper Template||54 Kb||Download|