CEDA-IADC book presented to Huelva Port
Representing CEDA and IADC, today, Mr Daan Rijks, member of the CEDA Board (Boskalis) has presented a copy of the CEDA-IADC book “Dredging for Sustainable infrastructure” to Huelva Port President, Ms. Maria del Pilar Miranda Plata.
While presenting the book, Mr Rijks summarized the relevance and unique value of the publication for the port and dredging community as follows:
- The topic of the book matches perfectly with the main theme of the currently ongoing Huelva workshop "Environmental Sustainability and Port Management";
- The book demonstrates a proactive, integrated approach that is necessary in our joint effort to tackle the larger sustainable & climate change issues at hand;
- It provides the latest practical guidance and support (knowledge / guidelines / case studies) for implementation of sustainable design and construction of current and future port developments;
- It has been written by- and on behalf of the entire dredging community and reflects the importance and commitment we feel for the subject
Later today, Mr Thomas Vijverberg (Boskalis) will present the highlights of the two recently published CEDA papers
- Sustainable Management of the Beneficial Use of Sediments - A case studies review. A CEDA information paper.
- Assessing the Benefits of Using Contaminated Sediments. A CEDA position paper.
CEDA is not new in the region:
- In the spring of 2016,the CEDA Environmental Commission (CEC) has been invited to take part in a one-day seminar on best practice in dredged material management, on 23rd May, in Madrid, Spain. Hosted by Puertos del Estado and Magrama, the event fed into the revision of the Spanish Dredged Material Guidelines. Read more...
- Later in that year, in co-operation with the Portuguese Engineers Association (OE), we organised a highly successful conference in Lisbon. Read more...
We are delighted to be back and look forward to future co-operation with our Spanish and Portuguese colleagues.