New year, new initiatives. Message from the President
A happy new year to all our members and supporters. 2016 promises to be an exciting year and I’m looking forward to working with you all – as individuals, organizations and experts. Together we can work on the best solutions to the challenges we will doubtless face as an industry.
As CEDA members we appreciate the importance of dredging to our society, particularly in the areas where we improve safety, trade and transportation. CEDA has an excellent future and the CEDA Board will work hard to ensure we remain the centre of excellence, and knowledge, for the wider dredging community. As part of that we’ll be focussing on initiatives, in the coming years, including:
- Building on the activities identified as ‘of great value to members’ in feedback from our recent Corporate Members’ survey. These include our popular events which keep members up-to-date with the latest developments in dredging (both technical and business), and provide great opportunities for professional networking.
- Ensuring we continue to provide the right services to meet the needs of existing members and to attract and engage new members across our region.
- Making sure that CEDA remains a viable organization for our young professionals
- Completing and publishing our new book together with IADC "Sustainable Dredging" (working title) which will be packed with the latest knowledge and best practice examples.
- Reviewing CEDA's governance structure to support, and reflect, our increasingly broadened activities and ensure that we’re in the strongest position to develop new activities.
I’m very proud to be in the privileged position to lead CEDA in this important work and in continuing the excellent work of previous presidents. Dredging is of eminent importance and the need, and will, for co-operation is growing. Expanding on this willingness and helping more organizations and professionals to profit from it is the challenge I’ve set myself. I hope you will all join me in looking forward to the coming year.
On behalf of my fellow board members and staff I wish you and your family Happy Holidays and a Prosperous New Year 2016.