CEDA-UK Seminar: Watch out! Future trends in dredging
This is an ARCHIVED EVENTCEDA Members can download the presentations here, you need to SIGN IN first
The UK economy is once again growing although forecasts for 2015 suggest growth may slow overall and be led by London and the south east. Infrastructure projects across different sectors are an important part of the recovery. For our December Technical Seminar CEDA UK is bringing together industry experts to look forward into 2015 and beyond to identify the key trends and initiatives that may affect the dredging industry. Our expert speakers will discuss how the availability of dredgers to the UK market is influenced by demand from projects internationally, how the timescale for the planning and design of ships affects the dredging and construction of ports and how taking a different approach to supplying marine aggregates could lead to a greater use in projects inland from the water’s edge. We will hear about what the plan-led licensing regime means in practice for maintenance and capital dredging projects and finally, but importantly, we will consider the implications of the push to a low-carbon economy for the dredging industry.
- Chris Lomax, Head of Ports & Marine, Parsons Brinckerhoff: Current and future trends in shipping; implications for dredging
- Paul Hesk, Regional Manager, Van Oord UK: Market trends in global dredging projects – a forward look
- Nick Everington, Commercial Manager Marine Minerals & Infrastructure: Hub wharves – moving marine aggregates inland.
- Claire Greenwood, Divisional Business Manager, Land & Water: Sustainable dredging – contributing to a low carbon economy?
- MMO Speaker TBC & Gregor McNiven, Senior Environmental Consultant, Royal HaskoningDHV: Regulation of dredging projects 2015 and beyond – regulatory and practical perspectives
Chair: Nicola Clay, Chair CEDA UK & Director Environment, Royal HaskoningDHV
The seminar will be followed by a Christmas drinks reception for CEDA members and invited guests – a great incentive to arrange CEDA membership as an early Christmas present!
Institution of Civil Engineers
16 December 2014 - 16 December 2014