'The Sand-motor Conference: five years of building with nature'
This is an ARCHIVED EVENTCEDA Members can download the presentations here, you need to SIGN IN first
The Sand Motor
Five years after the creation of the Sand Motor, the initial research results from this pilot project will be presented. The Sand Motor is a knowledge development project involving government, business, research institutes institutions and non-profit organisations.
It will be the central focus of a two-day international conference. There will be speeches, interviews, an exhibition market, workshops and theme excursions looking at areas including morphology, nature and leisure development. The working language during the conference will be English.
Policymakers, scientists and professionals from the Netherlands and other countries working on different disciplines associated with sandy coasts and ‘Building with Nature’.
- Be the first to hear the results and to talk to the researchers
- Share knowledge at the national and international levels about ‘Building with Nature’ solutions for sandy coasts
- Get inspiration for your own project
- Ideal place for meeting people and networking
- See the Sand Motor with your own eyes during an excursion with expert guides
Date and location
The conference will be on 14 September in the Kurhaus in Scheveningen. The activities on 15 September will be in Kijkduin.
Do you want to know more about the results obtained with the Sand Motor and possible applications in other locations? Please visit the website for more information and registration www.dezandmotor.nl
Kurhaus, Scheveningen, The Netherlands
14 September 2016 - 16 September 2016