Course Dredging For Sustainable Infrastructure March 2022
This is an ARCHIVED EVENTCEDA Members can download the presentations here, you need to SIGN IN first
Following on from the success of the previous online courses Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure, CEDA and IADC have decided to organise another one on 9, 10, 16 & 17 March 2022. We organise this course especially for participants from Central and Latin America, Canada and the USA. All sessions start at 11:00 UTC-3! To register, please click here.
During the course, participants will learn how to achieve dredging projects that fulfil primary functional requirements while adding value to the natural and socio-economic system. By understanding these systems both in the context of dredging as well as stakeholder engagement, throughout a project’s development.
Are you a professional involved in dredging related activities for water infrastructure development and working in government, port authorities, consultancy firms, dredging companies, NGOs, suppliers or ship-builders? Is your ambition to achieve sustainable and resilient water infrastructure or dredging projects that contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals? If the answer to either of these questions is “yes” then do not miss the opportunity to join this course. Whether you are an ecologist, engineer, scientist, regulator or financier, valuable knowledge that can be put into practice right away awaits every participant.
During the course, you will learn how to implement the sustainability principles into dredging project practice, through answers to the following questions:
- What is the role of dredging in the global drive towards more sustainable development?
- How can water infrastructure be designed and implemented in a more sustainable and resilient way while aligning with the natural and socio-economic systems?
- How can the potential positive effects of infrastructure development be assessed and stimulated as well as compared with potential negative effects?
- What equipment and which sediment management options are available today?
- A brief introduction to the question “What knowledge and tools are available to make sound choices and control the project?”
9 March 2022 - 17 March 2022