Live Course Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure - UK
1st onsite course Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure will be held on 13 & 14 September 2022!
Following on from the success of the previous online courses Dredging for Sustainable Infrastructure, CEDA and IADC have decided to organise the 1st onsite course on 13 & 14 September 2022 in Oxfordshire (UK). During the course participants learn how to achieve dredging projects that fulfil primary functional requirements while adding value to the natural and socio-economic systems by acquiring an understanding of these systems in the context of dredging as well as stakeholder engagement throughout a project’s development.
Are you a professional involved in dredging related activities for water infrastructure development and working in government, port authorities, consultancy firms, dredging companies, NGOs, suppliers or ship-builders? Is your ambition to achieve sustainable and resilient water infrastructure or dredging projects that contribute to the UN Sustainable Development Goals? If the answer to either of these questions is “yes” then do not miss the opportunity to join this course. Whether you are an ecologist, engineer, scientist, regulator or financier, valuable knowledge that can be put into practice right away awaits every participant.
During the course, you will learn how to implement the sustainability principles into dredging project practice, through answers to the following questions:
- What is the role of dredging in the global drive towards more sustainable development?
- How can water infrastructure be designed and implemented in a more sustainable and resilient way while aligning with the natural and socio-economic systems?
- How can the potential positive effects of infrastructure development be assessed and stimulated as well as compared with potential negative effects?
- What equipment and which sediment management options are available today?
- A brief introduction to the question “What knowledge and tools are available to make sound choices and control the project?”
Day 1: Tuesday 13 September: 09:00 - 17:30 hrs CET
- Welcome – Course Introduction
- Chapter 1/2: Integrating dredging in sustainable development
- Chapter 3: Sustainability in project initiation, planning and design
- Workshop 1 on Stakeholder Meeting
- Chapter 4: Assessment and management of project sustainability
- Workshop 2 on Adaptive Management Plans
Day 2: Wednesday 14 September 08:30 - 17:30 hrs CET
- Chapter 5: Equipment and methods: assessing and managing effects
- Chapter 6: Equipment and methods: Dredged material management to enhance project sustainability
- Workshop 3 on Dredging & Reclamation Plan
- Chapter 6: Dredged material management to enhance project sustainability - continued
- Chapter 7/8: Effective modelling and practical monitoring for DfSI (short)
- Workshop 4 on Monitoring Plan
Closing drinks (end: 5:30pm)
Special Students Conditions
The Course Reviewed
HR Wallingford. Howbery Park Wallingford, OX10 8BA, Oxfordshire. United Kingdom
13 December 2022 - 14 December 2022