Dredging contracts in the spotlight at IAPH World Port Conference 2020. CANCELLED due to COVID-19
UPDATE: The conference has been cancelled due to COVID-19.
This year, dredging takes the spotlight with a special business innovation panel, at the IAPH World Ports Conference in Antwerp, Belgium, 17-19 March 2020.
The session, ‘Dredging Strategy: Best Practices in Tendering Cost Management and Relationships’ aims to enhance relationships and understanding between dredging contractors and ports, and to discuss if current tendering processes are in line with what both sides require for a successful collaboration.
Attendee participation is encouraged for this interactive workshop on Thursday 19th March, that will discuss a fictional contract for dredging operations in a port scenario with different stakeholders — a port, a dredging contractor, a consultant — that has run into issues. Attendees will be asked to act as an external consultant brought in to resolve the issues together with an expert panel curated by CEDA and its Dredging Management Commission.
Expert panel members will be:
- Kathleen De Wit, Principal Engineer, Dredging and Environment Department, IMDC, Belgium
- André van Hassent, Asset Manager Ports and Fairways, Port of Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- Johny Van Acker, Head Tendering Department Dredging International, Belgium
- Charles Wilsoncroft, Director, HKA, UK
Register for the CEDA members’ offer
CEDA members can book at the special rate of €1,295, for the two-day pass (usually €1,475). To take advantage of the CEDA discount, a special code should be used during registration. This code has been communicated to all CEDEA members. Please contact the CEDA Secretariat if you have questions regarding the CEDA discount. With questions about the conference please contact the conference Help Desk.
CEDA DMC's "Contracts Panel" in action (l to r): Johny Van Acker, André van Hassent, Kathleen De Wit, Charles Wilsoncroft
Related publications of DMC to Download:
- EFFECTIVE CONTRACT-TYPE SELECTION IN THE DREDGING INDUSTRY. A GUIDANCE PAPER. (free of charge)
- CEDA'S CHECKLIST FOR SUCCESSFUL DREDGING MANAGEMENT-EXTRACT (CEDA Members: Log into access the full document free of charge.