CEDA on the Search for a Dynamic Office Assistant
Central Dredging Association (CEDA) is the leading independent forum for the professional dredging community and associated industries in Europe, Africa, and the Middle East. We represent dredging professionals and organisations from government, academia, and business, in the region. Our motivation is the understanding and advancement of dredging to the wider community. We are a recognised reference point for high-quality specialist knowledge on all aspects of dredging and provide a multidisciplinary network for professional contacts. CEDA members are representatives of consultancies, research and educational institutions, port authorities, government agencies, dredging contractors, designers and builders of dredging vessels, suppliers of ancillary equipment, & organisations providing a whole range of related services.
Browse our website to find out more about us.
The CEDA Secretariat is located in Delft, The Netherlands, and consists of two employees at the moment: one General Manager and a Secretary.
As a full-time secretary, you are one of CEDA's two employees, for now. You support your colleagues in the office, the general manager and communications officer, as well as officers and volunteers of the association, by carefully carrying out secretarial, administrative, and organisational activities. As a proactive, organised colleague you are enthusiastic about a varied range of tasks.
With the exception of your colleagues, most of your contacts are via e-mail or the telephone. You are used to being on your own in the office and feel comfortable about it. The place of employment is Delft.
- Handling email, mail, telephone.
- Monitoring, ordering office supplies.
- Membership administration (using a custom-built CMS).
- Organising the Dutch Section of CEDA.
- Upload content to the website (custom-built CMS).
- Financial administration.
- Processing registrations for events and creating and processing the resulting invoices.
- Support communication activities (press releases, social media posts).
- Organise Board, commission and working group meetings.
- College education, preferably in the secretarial field (MBO 4 or Schroevers).
- 5-10 years experience as Management assistant within a comparable organisation.
- Fluency in Dutch and English languages (listening, speaking reading, writing).
- Experience with MS Office and ability to learn other software tools.
- Experience in executing PR activities, including social media.
- Possession of a car and a drivers' licence.
- Ability to work independently and primarily in a virtual environment.
- Ability to work with volunteers.
- Flexibility: ability to accept unforeseen changes to work plans, and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- Organised, attention to detail, ability to deliver accurate work.
- Independent, proactive.
- Tact, discretion, diplomacy.
- Organisational awareness.
- Organisational skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
Conditions of employment
- Salary in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- Start date: 1 October 2021 (subject to negotiation).
- Working week of 38 hours (full time) in a challenging dynamic work environment.
- Temporary employment of 12 months with the possibility of renewal.
- Working through a leading association with unique contacts worldwide.
- A build-up of holidays pro rata.
For more information about this vacancy, please contact the General Manager, Dr. Anna Csiti, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please insert in the subject line: CEDA Office Assistant/Secretary.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before 01-09-2021 via e-mail to email@example.com. Include your motivation and CV. We are looking forward to hearing from you!