CEDA Privacy & Cookie Statement
Effective: 25 May 2018
CEDA takes the protection of your personal data seriously and we are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This Privacy Statement describes what data we collect, when and why we collect it, how we use it, and how we protect it.
For purposes of this Privacy Statement, Central Dredging Association (CEDA), with registered address at Radex Innovation Centre, Rotterdamseweg 183c, 2629 HD Delft, the Netherlands, is the controller responsible for the processing of personal data.
In all situations, CEDA adheres to the applicable laws and regulations, amongst which the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement or otherwise, you can reach us using the contact information provided below.
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement from time to time. Changes to this Privacy Statement will be published on our website www.dredging.org.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 21 May 2018.
When do we collect personal data?
- We collect personal data:
- When you are using our websites;
- When you are filling in personal data for purpose of individual or corporate membership application forms, online or in print;
- When we are processing your personal data for purpose of corporate member employees personal CEDA account online request forms;
- When you are applying and are appointed to CEDA working groups;
- When you are filling in your registration and payment details as applicable to our events;
- When you subscribe for the CEDA Conferences newsletter; and
- When you download documents from our website.
What personal data do we collect?
You may provide us with:
- Your full name, your professional title, job level, email address, postal address, business address, user log-in data, telephone number, date of birth, education, year of graduation, primary work role;
- Your company name, postal address, and website URL;
- Social media (LinkedI) profile information;
- Subscription preferences for CEDA e-mails and third-party magazines;
- Financial data;
- Authentication data;
- Anonymised website traffic statistics (IP address, browser type, timeslots of activity);
- Your professional CV;
- Author, speaker and peer-review information;
- Your membership in either of the two sister associations under the World Organisation of Dredging Associations (WODA), the Eastern Dredging Association (EADA) and the Western Dredging Association (WEDA);
- Dietary requirements;
- Other information you provide to us.
How do we process and use personal data?
Your personal data are collected and processed by CEDA to the extent necessary for the entering into or the performance of a contract to which you are party, or as is necessary for the specific purposes for which you have provided the data prior to entering into a contract. CEDA expressly requests your prior consent for processing your personal data in cases where such prior permission is required.
In particular, your personal data is processed:
- to engage with interactions with you including your membership subscription, event participation or your order. We use financial/credit card and payment information to process your membership, event registration or order payment and may need to share some of this information with credit card cleraing houses and other third parties to complete and register transactions.
- so that CEDA is able to send you newsletters and invitations. Please note that you will only be added to this communication upon your explicit permission and every newsletter contains a link with which you can unsubscribe.
- so that CEDA is able to send you CEDA’s official magazine, Dredging and Port Construction (DPC), as part of CEDA individual membership benefit. You can cancel your subscription by sending an e-mail to the CEDA Secretariat.
- to enable you to participate in CEDA activities, in the board, commissions, committees, and contact working groups, as well as in national and international meetings for which you volunteered;
- to enable you to contact your fellow CEDA members for professional exchange of knowledge and information or as part of your work on the board, commission or working group you are a member of.
- to provide information based on your needs and respond to your requests. CEDA may use your personal information to provide you with notices of new product releases, events and service developments.
- to include you in the CEDA Individual Online Member Directory (available to CEDA members only). Active members can customize their member directories visibility preferences any time via sending a request to email@example.com.
- to include you in board, commissions, committees and working groups member lists, activity reports and photos online and in print as applicable. You can customize your visibility preferences any time via sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- to include you in CEDA event photos published online or in print. You can always withdraw your consent for inclusion in such photos by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- in order for CEDA to optimise the functionalities of our website, and to improve our services and your browser experience.
- to get feedback or input from you. In order to deliver products and services of most interest to our stakeholders, from time to time, we may ask members, customers, volunteers, and website visitors to provide us input and feedback (for example through surveys).
Sharing personal data and disclosure to third parties
- We do not sell or rent your personal data to third parties. We do not share personal data, except with service providers as expressly provided in this Privacy Statement. We share your information with the following service providers:
- Membership data management services provider, Maris B.V s located in the Netherlands, that provides us with database hosting, website hosting , sending e-mails and newsletters to members and subscribers, record online event registrations, analysing website statistics.
- Publisher of the magazine Dredging and Port Construction (DPC), IHS Markit, located in the Uk to mail the magazine to CEDA members.
- Digital Marketing Agency, SocialB, located in the UK, to manage CEDA’s social medai platforms, on LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Professional Conference Organisers to manage registrtions and payments for CEDA conferences and other events.
- Accountant Dutch Accounting House Delft B.V., located in the Netherlands to manage the finnacial administration of CEDA membership fee payments.
- Our service providers will only use your personal data to the extent necessary to perform their functions and will be subject to contractual obligations to maintain the security and confidentiality of all information they process.
- We will disclose your personal data if required to do so to comply with any applicable law or regulation or in response to a legal demand, subpoena, warrant or other similar legal obligation.
Storage of personal data
Your data will only be kept for as long as this is necessary and will not be made available to third parties except when necessary for compliance with a legal obligation, or to our service providers as specified in this Privacy Statement.
In particular, in case of:
- Payment details: We will store your payment details for the legally required 7 years.
- Individual members, corporate member contact points, board, committee and commission members: We will store your contact information after termination of your membership(s) for archiving purposes to be able to contact you on special occasions such as anniversaries subject to your explicit permission and until your withdrawal of it. We do not use your archived data for any other purpose.
- Corporate member employees with personal CEDA account: We will erase your information when your employer’s CEDA corporate membership or your employment with that company is terminated.
- Working group members: We will store contact information and CV 3 months after the working group concluded its work.
- Registrants to our events: We will store your details subject to your explicit permission and until your withdrawal of it to be able to invite you to future events.
- Authors, speakers, reviewers: We will erase your information right after the event in question.
- Subscribers for the CEDA Conferences Newsletter: We will erase your information the moment you unsubscribe from the Newsletter online.
Cookies are small files containing an identity code. Cookies are stored on the browser or hard drive of your computer or browsing device. When you next visit our website, the code is retrieved, allowing us to distinguish you from another user and provide a browsing experience that is unique to you. Cookies do not cause harm to your computer or device.
- Functionality: Functional cookies are used as necessary for the technical functionality of our websites. This allows CEDA members to avoid to have to login repeatedly during a session. If members’ system is idle for a longer time period, however, the cookie will expire, forcing the users to login again to continue their session. This prevents unauthorised access to the users’ information while they are away from their computer.
- Analytical: Analytical cookies serve to analyse the use of our websites and gather performance data, so that the quality, effectiveness and performance of our websites can be improved. On the CEDA websites we use Google Analytics cookies (name “ga”) .
These cookies, provided by Google Inc., are used to collect information on how visitors use our websites, for purpose of compiling reports and improving the websites. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. For more information please see Google Analytics’ Privacy Overview and Google Analytics Cookie Usage on Websites.
At CEDA, we are committed to maintaining the security of the information we collect. We have therefore implemented technology and security policies and procedures that are intended to reduce the risk of accidental destruction or loss, or the unauthorized disclosure or access to such information.
We have security measures in place to help protect against the loss or misuse of personal data under our control. Our security practices are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized personnel have access to personal data.
You are entitled to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to rectify any personal data held about you that is inaccurate and to request the deletion of personal data held about you. You also have the right to data portability for information you provide to us – this means that you can obtain a copy of your data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it, or request we send it to a third party. You can exercise your rights by contacting the CEDA Secretariat at the address below.
Please submit any questions, concerns or comments you have about this Privacy Statement or any requests concerning your personal data by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to:
Radex Innovation Center
2629 HD Delft